The 2023–2024 Financial Aid Application is Now Available
Fill out and submit the School and Student Services (SSS) Parents’ Financial Statement Online (PFS). The Stanford OHS school code is 4308.
- Submit copies of all required documents: your 2021 tax returns and W2 forms as well as any other relevant financial information, including supporting tax schedules such as the Schedule SE for Self-Employment Tax.
- International families applying for financial aid must complete and submit the SSS International Student Financial Aid Profile form, and upload any government tax forms they have for the current year and prior year to their SSS application. Further details about submitting the International Student Financial Aid Profile form can be found on the SSS website.
- Please note the following when completing your submission:
- If it is within their means, we expect our families to contribute some amount to tuition costs. Please seriously consider what your family can contribute toward Stanford OHS tuition for each child who will attend, and enter that figure into question 21b, under "Supplemental Questions" on the PFS. We will use this figure and SSS' determination of your family's ability to pay when making our financial aid award decisions.
- After completing your SSS application, you will need to wait one business day before you can upload required or supporting documents.
- The Financial Aid Committee requires that you submit all required documents directly on the SSS application website. Please note that any financial aid submission that is not uploaded directly on the SSS website may take additional time to process.
- You are required to block out or redact Social Security numbers anywhere they appear in your tax returns or other financial documents before uploading them to the SSS application website.
- All documents must be submitted in a PDF or JPG format. Note that files cannot be larger than 500K. For help formatting documents for uploading, reference the tips provided on the SSS website.
SSS has many helpful guides and webinars to aid families in their financial aid application process. A few guides are attached below and more resources can be found at the SSS website here.
- SSS Step-by-Step Guide
A general introduction to financial aid
SSS Step-by-Step Guide
- Quickstart Guide to Applying for Financial Aid
A quick guide to preparing and submitting the financial aid application
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Parents’ Financial Statement Workbook
A line-by-line guide for successfully completing the Parents’ Financial Statement Online (PFS) PFS Workbook
- US Tax Form Primer for Parents
- US Tax Form Primer for Business Owners
- Tips for International Applicants
Questions Regarding SSS Submissions
All questions regarding the SSS application should be directed to the SSS help desk.
- If you are calling from within the United States, dial 800-344-8328.
- If you are calling from outside of the United States or Canada, dial 952-967-9922.
Problems Uploading Documents
If you are unable to upload documents directly on the SSS web site, you can submit them to SSS by mail after you have completed and submitted your PFS. Just log into the SSS Family Portal and click on the “My Documents” tab in the upper right corner. Click the “Print Cover Sheet” link on that page to print your SSS customized cover sheet. Make sure to mail your documents at least 10 days before the financial aid application deadline.
The Financial Aid Review Committee
The Financial Aid Review Committee appreciates receiving as much relevant information as possible. If you would like to explain any unusual circumstances, please submit additional information in the section titled “Unusual Conditions.” Clarification during the financial aid application phase will prevent unnecessary delays in award decisions.
The deadline to complete a financial aid application for applicants to Stanford OHS is January 13, 2023. Financial aid submissions received after this deadline will be reviewed; however, the availability of financial aid funds is limited, and applications received on or before the deadline will receive priority consideration. Families who submit forms by this deadline will be able to view their award amount with the admission decision letter in early March 2023.