Application Dates and Deadlines
|FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION DEADLINE||DECISION NOTIFICATION||ENROLLMENT CONTRACT DUE||SCHEDULING|
|January 6, 2023, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time||January 13, 2023, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time||Early-March 2023||Ten days after decisions released||Time constraints considered in schedule build|
Steps to Apply
1. Learn About Stanford OHS
- Stanford OHS has full-time, part-time, and single course enrollment options. Explore our enrollment options and admission outcomes to see which option is best for you. Please note: the desired enrollment status you indicate in your application is not binding.
- Take our Virtual Tour to learn more about our school.
- Learn about our course schedule.
- Review our course offerings.
2. Start Your Online Application
A complete application consists of the following:
- Application form
- Academic records (transcripts from this year and the past two years—unofficial copies acceptable)
- “Stanford OHS 5” short-answer responses
- Essays (two essays, each 400 words maximum)
- One sample of analytical writing (work samples must have been completed within the past year and must demonstrate a student’s best effort)
- Two online recommendation forms (one Humanities/Social Science and one Mathematics/Science)
- Parent questionnaire
- Optional standardized test score
- Optional video essay
- Application fee: $100 USD (fee waivers can be requested)
Start an application using the student's legal name and birthdate.
3. Select and Notify Your Recommenders
(Required of applicants independent of Enrollment Option selected: Single Course, Part-Time, and Full-Time)
- All applicants to Stanford OHS must submit at least two recommendation forms (one Humanities/Social Science teacher and one Mathematics/Science teacher). Think about the teachers who push you to do excellent work, and be sure to give them ample time to complete your recommendation form. The best recommendations don’t always come from teachers in the courses in which you have earned the highest grade.
- Standardized test scores are optional for applicants. Review the standardized testing information, you will find information to help you select a test that is age-appropriate and fits your timeline. Please be aware of limited test dates and score-reporting timelines.
4. Applicants to Grades 7 and 8: Schedule Optional Online Interview
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only applicants who apply by November 10, 2022, will be guaranteed an interview via our online webinar platform. Applicants and their families will be required to be on camera for the interview. You can only schedule an interview once you have submitted your application with required materials. Applicants who submit a completed application after November 10, 2022, are welcome to submit an optional video essay in their applications.
NOTE: Recommendations, transcripts, and test scores do not need to be submitted until the admission deadline on January 6, 2023. Interviews are not required.